Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reflection on Class Discussion: Group Work

Having formulated my thesis earlier in the week, I had an idea of what I wanted my paper to be about but I didn't think I could get many sources on the topic (or many scholarly sources). My thesis was to be about transwomen in Thailand and how the gay community are somewhat combined into one subjective group. After working with Paulina, Tiffany, and Sudeesh, they helped me in finding another topic to write about, one that would have great background material and sources to feed off of. I think working in groups helps the students bounce ideas and information off each other. Incorporating this in future classes, future students of "Women in the Media" would be able to socialize on a common topic and help each other in understanding the topic more constructively.

No comments:

Post a Comment