Monday, October 21, 2013

Media Moment 2: Work Bitch

I know this isn't necessarily new, but I think it's something to be discussed. Don't get me wrong, I love Britney. I've loved her every since "Hit Me Baby" but there is something extremely disturbing about this song and mostly, the video. Pay close attention to 2:01, I almost couldn't bring myself to watch the rest of the video after she pretty much starts whipping the other dancers.
Between her, Rihanna's video for "Pour It Up", and all this talk of Miley, there is definitely something that needs to be said about women in the music industry. This hits home because I am actually a singer-songwriter that is trying to make it in this business without going down that road. Let me know what you guys think!

1 comment:

  1. Britney is a manufactured pop star. There's no real talent in lip-syncing and dressing half naked. I haven't even heard the song, but when I saw the title posted online a few weeks back, I was immediately disgusted. Britney has enough money that if she wanted to, she could stop working at this point and live a normal life. The fact that she has no qualms or concerns regarding a song called "Work Bitch" tells me she's in it solely for the fame and money, and simply doesn't care what it implies or what it's saying about women.

    ReplyDelete