Monday, October 21, 2013

Kim K's After Baby Bod

Media Moment #2


So as I was scrolling through my instagram feed the other day and a picture of Kim Kardashian in a tiny white bathing suit was posted by her.  This picture was put up for her to show off her new body after having her daughter North West.  I do not understand what made her think it was okay to post this picture so that the whole world could see it.  1. Because she has like no clothing on and 2. because she now has a child and as a mother these types of pictures should not be all over the internet.  The fact that Kim let her body be degraded like that made me extremely frustrated and made me question how she looks at herself.  Did anyone else feel uncomfortable looking at this picture?




3 comments:

  1. The only part that made me uncomfortable is the fact that she is wearing a bathing suit that barely fits her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought that comes to mind is "Take care of your baby and stop taking selfies"

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has every right to take the photograph, but her intention is what irks me. It isn't even that she's a mother whose daughter will eventually have to face the judgment that comes from being in the public eye. What irks me most is that this photo, along with everything the Kardashians do, is a publicity stunt. We could probably have a long discussion about the whether we should use the term 'fame whore', but even if we should rephrase our terminology, she fits the category. This certainly isn't worse than having a widely available sex tape online, but it still makes my skin crawl. She's an attractive woman. She doesn't need to bare her ass in a skimpy bathing suit to prove that, and if she needs the validation, well, that's a whole other can of worms I'd rather not discuss. This, to me, is less of an issue of how women are portrayed in the media, but rather, the unhealthy appetite some people have for constant attention and fame.

    ReplyDelete