Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Issa Rae: Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl

Hey after our discussion I just wanted to direct you to the show I was talking about. Here's a little bit about the creator, Issa Rae
"Issa Rae, the multitalented CEO and Owner of Issa Rae Productions, is a pioneer in the fight against the narrow, mainstream portrayal of people of color in the media. With a dedicated and passionate team, and supportive fan base, Issa Rae Productions lends a voice to a demographic that largely goes unheard. The wide-spread success of Issa Rae’s webseries, “The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl,” has unanimously placed Issa Rae at the forefront of the digital web revolution."  http://www.issarae.com/about-me/

This is the first episode, as I mentioned it's pretty low budget, but it gets better! Although we're not the same in looks, when I first watched this show it felt like the first time I was even close to physically and mentally relating to the person on my screen.


Also, had anyone previously heard of the series??? I've introduced a lot of my friends to it and I'm trying to gauge how widespread Issa Rae or the shows popularity are in reality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment