Monday, October 28, 2013

Eyelid Mania (Media Moment)

Eyelid Mania

After a very long break from listening to Korean music, I decided to get back into it and watch a few videos today. It wasn't until I had a number of friends grouped around me and talking about popular plastic surgery that I realized that they had no idea how popular it was for Asian women to glue or tape their eyelids to create a double lid.

One of the horrific things in this video for me, a video that my same group of friends watched in slight horror, was the fact that this woman was using what she called an "eyelid fork" to help create a fold. But what is even more horrifying is the fact that many women simply go under the knife to have what they believe is more appealing eyes.

What do you guys think about this? I had to post it, especially since I have so many Chinese and Korean friends who believe that their eyes are not as attractive as "white eyes." I personally think that it does not matter, and while they all have the right to do whatever they want to their body, its also a little scary the extreme that some would go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment