Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Do YOU hate feminism?



I definitely fell in the category of women who think they hate feminism, but really don't. I always said, "I'm an old school feminist, someone who fights for their equal rights, but I'm NOT fighting for more rights, or the right to burn my bra, or the right to walk around topless". It was interesting to read this article after taking this class, because I felt like I truly understood a lot more that the piece had to offer. My favorite part was when she wrote, "yes, there ARE valid reasons to think that feminism causes some problems. It does. Of course it does. So does religion -- and the lack of religion. So do emocrats and republicans. So does EVERYTHING. Every movement comes with benefits and costs. Do you guys think that the benefits of feminism have outweighed the costs?






http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2012/12/17/do_some_women_hate_feminism.html

No comments:

Post a Comment