Friday, November 11, 2011

The tide has changed....

I found this interesting blog article http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/11/01/tides-new-stay-at-home-dad-commercial-a-win-after-stereotyping-flop/ that talks about the new tide stay at home dad commercial as a direct reaction to the “tomboy” daughter commercial. The author’s a little skeptical and feels played, caricaturing ad execs and taking an admittedly misanthropic stance on how the reaction worked out.

She also links up with other blogs, like DADS NYC, who laud the advertisement as ground-breaking and positive.

Again, I found this commercial pretty cool. I do laundry. My dad does laundry. My mom does laundry and my sister does laundry. It was relatable. If you took the script and took out all gender specific personal pronouns- you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference- that’s pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment