Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Friendly links: Roseanne Bar Article/The Independent Woman PBS Special

Hi classmates,

I mentioned a Roseanne article from NY Magazine a couple weeks ago in class and thought I'd post it here in case you didn't read it when it came out awhile ago.

She discusses how much media has not changed since her show was on ABC. I found it interesting and more insight into however difficult it is in the media industry, it is possible to stand your ground. Very inspiring. Check it out if you have time!

Roseanne Bar Article Here

ALSO, did anyone watch AMERICA IN PRIMETIME on PBS? It's a four part series, and the one on Sunday was about women's portrayal in TV. It's entitled "The Independent Woman." I didn't get a chance to watch it yet, but my boss told me about it. It looks like it talks about everything from The Mary Tyler Moore Show to Desperate Housewives. Looks interesting.

Here it is if anyone is interested in taking a look at it:

The Independent Woman Here!


-Iliana

No comments:

Post a Comment