Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Onion



So I found this video and article on the onion.  I find that using comedy in this way shows how absurd that the media and politicians can be.  Lately there has been a lot of coverage on people's opinions of rape.  I feel that rape is rape and is nothing less.  I don't understand how people, in real life, can act almost like the people in this video or article.  While both being funny, afterwards it reminds me of how horrible some people can be to innocent victims.
I was looking at Tumblr one day and I saw a post mentioning how women who have been raped are always stated to be someone's daughter and that's why they shouldn't be raped.  While that may be true, how about she shouldn't get raped because she's a person?  Do you think calling a rape victim someone's daughter is controversial?


http://www.theonion.com/articles/pregnant-woman-relieved-to-learn-her-rape-was-ille,29258/


No comments:

Post a Comment